Statistical Inference in the Cytobank Platform
It offers several statistical hypothesis testing methods that are widely used by researchers to analyze biological data and empowers you to run a significance test using results from manual gating or machine learning-based analysis, such as FlowSOM, without having to manually export your analysis results outside of the Cytobank platform.
An Introduction to the Tool
In this video, Jason Emo — an application scientist here at Beckman Coulter Life Sciences — shows you:
- How to leverage the summary plots in the illustration editor, which will enable you to make one-click comparisons of your single cell data
- How you can use the Cytobank platform to calculate statistical significance for the data in the same summary plots
- A workflow solution that can enable you to achieve insights for your flow cytometry data even faster than before
Types of Statistical Inference Tests and Methods
Student’s t-test (also known as t-test)
- Used to determine if there are any differences in group means between the two groups of samples of an independent variable.
Mann-Whitney U test (also known as the Mann-Whitney-Wilcoxon or Wilcoxon-Mann-Whitney test)
- Used to determine if the distributions of two sample groups of an independent variable are equal or not.
Paired student’s t-test
- Used to determine if there are significant differences between groups in an experimental design with paired samples.
Wilcoxon signed-rank test
- Used to determine if the distributions of two sample groups of an independent variable in a paired experimental design are equal or not.
Do you want to learn more about these methods and see examples of how they can be applied?
Kruskal-Wallis H test
- Used to compare more than two groups of an independent variable and determine if all the groups have the distribution or not.
One-way analysis of variance (One-way ANOVA)
- Used to analyze an independent variable with more than two groups and to determine if there are any differences in group means among the sample groups.
Two-way analysis of variance (Two-way ANOVA)
- Used to analyze two independent variables simultaneously, where the two independent variables have at least two groups.
Cytobank Free Trial
Cytobank is a cloud-based platform for the analysis, storage, and sharing of flow and mass cytometry data. It offers machine learning-assisted analysis of high-dimensional, single-cell data and is designed to let you easily collaborate with colleagues from different departments and regions from any web-enabled device.